Banned Players 5 Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm
by THE_REAL
player swearing and cursing
Started by fidinhoOo
Banned Players 1 Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:26 am
by Insane

One shot weapons
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Forum Index -> 475th 1.3 Servers
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:34 am Reply with quote
Merrill
Should we remove the one shot weapon mod?

Look how the Garand and k43 are dominating the servers.

Weapon Stats

I'm okay either way.

Thoughts?

Commander
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 416
Joined Mar 01, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Merrill a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Merrill
[475th^AR] Merrill
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
29 hrs, 26 mins ago

Most Played:
This week: 0.8hrs.
Total Played: 909hrs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:39 am Reply with quote
rickeyleee
I have never been a fan of this mod.  In my view, guys that are good become almost unstoppable and guys that aren't so good become pretty good.  Take that away on AVA and replace the mod with unlimited stamina mod and watch the game change.  Much faster pace and a lot more fun to get at the flags.  A real adrenaline rush.

Private First Class I

Groups Private First Class I
Posts 24
Joined Mar 08, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send rickeyleee a private message Find all posts by rickeyleee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
HerrKutt
I think this would change the game hugely especially in Caen.  Maybe for the better, maybe not.

People would have to adjust.  Good players will be good with any weapon (with a bit of practice).

Having said that, the garand and k43 are very usable, and perhaps help newcomers and less-experienced players compete more, which keeps the game and our server experience 'accessible'.  They can go to any old DoD server and get their butts kicked so they quit, or they can come to ours and stand a fighting chance with a garand - might keep them coming back = better for the game.

Pros and Cons i guess.

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 422
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send HerrKutt a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by HerrKutt
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
11 hrs, 18 mins ago

Most Played:
This week: 13.3hrs.
Total Played: 1,758hrs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quote
PrivatKaze
i think it's a bad idea to remove the 1 shot wep. they have the advantage of being 1 shot kill, but still if you miss you have to wait to reload and the aim is not that good when you are moving so its more balanced. if you will remove it then people will just start playing with automatic weapons. Like i said the 1 shot kill is compensating for the low accuracy of the wep and for the reload time. (even with Garand, the recoil is pushing the wep off aim and takes some seconds to get it back in aim if you miss.)

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 325
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send PrivatKaze a private message Send PrivatKaze an email. Visit user's Facebook: 100012906213684 Find all posts by PrivatKaze
[475th^AR] Priv...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 40 mins ago

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 am Reply with quote
ToniLeon
For me this is a bad idea! Sorry, but this is what i think. This will be a huge advantage for players who use aimbot! :-/

Sergeant
Donator to the 475th

Groups Sergeant
Donator to the 475th
Posts 88
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
rickeyleee
for the bigger maps.... keep it..... but for AVA, let them play with their Thompsons, Greaseguns, BAR's, FG4's, etc. and get rid of the 1 shot mod.  The 1 shot mod in AVA IMO extremely benefits the window campers and leaves the middle very vulnerable.  It just slows the game down.

Private First Class I

Posts 24
Joined Mar 08, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send rickeyleee a private message Find all posts by rickeyleee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
PrivatKaze
— rickeyleee wrote
for the bigger maps.... keep it..... but for AVA, let them play with their Thompsons, Greaseguns, BAR's, FG4's, etc. and get rid of the 1 shot mod.  The 1 shot mod in AVA IMO extremely benefits the window campers and leaves the middle very vulnerable.  It just slows the game down.

true, and also ava is more of a automatic gun tipe of map

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 325
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send PrivatKaze a private message Send PrivatKaze an email. Visit user's Facebook: 100012906213684 Find all posts by PrivatKaze
[475th^AR] Priv...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 40 mins ago

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Duffy
We have had this mod for ever and yes there is diffently a down and up side to it.  What we really need to review is that if this is brining in newer players and our servers are populated than it is a must!

I support our decision but lets not hurt our servers

Duffy

_____LAW ENFORCEMENT - �THE LAST STAND_______

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 238
Joined Mar 06, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Duffy a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Duffy
[M|475|M] Duffy
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:01 pm Reply with quote
GTO_nut
I'd like to see removed and I admit there the only guns i can use to get frags
But it wasnt in the intent of the original
and they are too powerful

It would be fine to keep the one shot kill but reduce the accuracy by some factor...  But the Garand if you've ever seen the 30.06 hit something its going down  But this is a game

*Salute*

GTO

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 217
Joined Mar 06, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send GTO_nut a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by GTO_nut
[475th^AR]G_T_O...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
4 hrs, 40 mins ago

Most Played:
This week: 24.0hrs.
Total Played: 4,589hrs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:25 pm Reply with quote
JAG2
I agree with some of the others, for new players the 1-shot is the only thing that may keep them the game.  Like GTO said maybe try with "damage" higher (1.5 shot vs. 100% maybe), and keep the bolt action weps at 100%.

I also like the idea to remove 1-shot & +up for adrenaline for Ava.

I remember when we removed the 1-shot on Caen a few years ago and everyone was up-in-arms!

*Salute*

First Lieutenant
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups First Lieutenant
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 129
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send JAG2 a private message Send JAG2 an email. Visit user's website Find all posts by JAG2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 am Reply with quote
Merrill
— rickeyleee wrote

I agree completely. I was in the Ava server tonight on Axis team and the Garand grinded the game play to a halt. It was the campers best friend. I couldn't get anything accomplished and struggled to get axis 2nd flag.

I disabled it for Avalanche and still have it running in Caen

Lets see how the game play is affected.

Merrill

Commander
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 416
Joined Mar 01, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send Merrill a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Merrill
[475th^AR] Merrill
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
29 hrs, 26 mins ago

Most Played:
This week: 0.8hrs.
Total Played: 909hrs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Duffy
Time to jump into AVA to see the change

Duffy

_____LAW ENFORCEMENT - �THE LAST STAND_______

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 238
Joined Mar 06, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Duffy a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Duffy
[M|475|M] Duffy
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
rickeyleee
I agree completely. I was in the Ava server tonight on Axis team and the Garand grinded the game play to a halt. It was the campers best friend. I couldn't get anything accomplished and struggled to get axis 2nd flag.

I disabled it for Avalanche and still have it running in Caen

Lets see how the game play is affected.

Merrill[/quote]

THANKS ...... I am sure it will help.  Also like that most of the nades were removed.  I have wished for that one for a long time for AVA.

Private First Class I

Posts 24
Joined Mar 08, 2018
Status Offline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote
HappinessIsaWarmGun
I was intending to start a  similar topic.

I've often thought the rifles are much too advantageous.  Not only do they have the single shot kill, but on top of that, an increased rate of fire, more nades, and then, last but certainly not least, satchels.  Holy tamole! that makes rifle one mean class.

So much so are the rifles a juiced-up modified killing machine (especially the garand), that I often will NOT select them because I feel just a bit cheap using it.  I've got enuf advantage due to years' of experience playing DOD, that I don't like further benefiting myself by using the most deadly weapon.  Against newer players it just seems too much.   On the other hand, in a server full of vets, it starts feeling necessary.

My main point - don't doubly/triply increase the kill capability of the rifle class.

I would welcome reducing some of the rifles' overall advantage by giving the satchels to the heavy weapons class and the extra nade(s) to the light auto class.    Then, imho, it would be fine to leave the rifles as one kill with its somewhat increased rate of reload/refire.

Corporal

Groups Corporal
Posts 27
Joined Mar 13, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send HappinessIsaWarmGun a private message Find all posts by HappinessIsaWarmGun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Runar
The unmodded garand is pretty unwieldy for a new player, its recoil is all over the place, so the 1 shot does make it a lot more usable and a bit more balanced against the Axis K98 which I feel is the superior 1 shot weapon (axis also have the k43).

However, in the hands of someone who knows what he is doing, a 1 shot garand is a straight up cheat weapon, this may turn away new players even more given that the servers full of a lot of long time regulars and DoD vets, and I've seen a lot of cheat accusations in the past from newer and even long time players against those who are really good at taking advantage of the garand.

I'm of the opinion it would be more enjoyable if the garand wasn't one shot kill, DoD is a very tactical game and these guns kind of take away that experience and make it more arcadey when you can solo breeze from your spawn to the enemy spawn and cap it with just a garand (and a good player can do this and it does turn away players).

Private First Class I

Posts 1
Joined Mar 11, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3