Started by ToniLeon
475th Mess Hall 6 Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:32 pm
by KrazeeGreek
Congrats to Dark Vamp
Started by KrazeeGreek
475th Mess Hall 10 Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:37 am
by FireAnt

Banned?????
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Forum Index -> 475th 1.3 Servers
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:05 am Reply with quote
hedman
Why is the enfield sniper banned? makes no sense. there are other weapons that have 1 shot kills and they are not banned. if the weapon is banned (not sure why) then it shouldnt be available to use. high capacity mag makes no sense either. and again other weapons have the same capacity as the enfield, its only a 10 rd mag. last time i checked this was a war game isnt it???  Ya know, kill people in game.

Private First Class I
Clan Member

Groups Private First Class I
Clan Member
Posts 14
Joined Oct 14, 2018
Status Offline
[247] Maj.Hedman
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
40 days ago

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:28 pm Reply with quote
KrazeeGreek
It is not an issue of it being a one shot weapon.
If you have snipers and enfield scoped, well, it turns into a snipe fest and then everyone
starts camping and not capping flags. We have enough camping as it is and we do not need
more.

Greek

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 241
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send KrazeeGreek a private message Find all posts by KrazeeGreek
[475th^AR]Kraze...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
HerrKutt
To allow the scoped enfield, to be equiv to the scoped k98 (with larger mag...), it would need to replace the Springfield in my opinion.

1x allied sniper
1x axis sniper

See what our leaders and resident snipers make of that.

Scoped fg42 is not a sniper weapon in my opinion.

The scoped enfield is only available as the result of a glitch.  It does appear in the gunmenu, but is not selectable.  Occasionally people randomly spawn with it due to said glitch.  I know of no way of reliably equipping it.

*Salute*

HK

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 407
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send HerrKutt a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by HerrKutt
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
6 hrs, 27 mins ago

Most Played:
This week: 11.1hrs.
Total Played: 1,672hrs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:43 pm Reply with quote
hedman
herrkutt, if youre on axis, go to the second gunsmenu screen, #5 says enfield, but if you select it, its actually a scoped enfield. i dont think having it available to use would make the map a sniper fest. most of the regulars (myself included) like running around the map grabbing flags. and i agree with you, i dont consider the fg42 a sniper either.

have to see what the higher ups say on the matter.

Private First Class I
Clan Member

Clan Member
Posts 14
Joined Oct 14, 2018
Status Offline
[247] Maj.Hedman
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
40 days ago

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:55 pm Reply with quote
HerrKutt
I will try that Hedman thanks.  I have been pretty certain all these years it was not selectable, it says something like "the maximum number of this weapon is in use".  But to be fair I tend to use the shortcuts like saying /enfield rather than actually selecting from the gunmenu menu.  So maybe you're right.

I am AFK for the weekend but will try next week.  Anybody else could verify and reply below.

*Salute*

HK

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 407
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send HerrKutt a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by HerrKutt
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
6 hrs, 27 mins ago

Most Played:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:25 am Reply with quote
Lbiz
i think its true, there are too many snipers that only camp. i also think bazooka needs to be off the menu. in saying that i have a fix for too many snipers. if you snipe choose sniper and go to gun menu and choose guess what.... a sniper that limits the amount of snipers in game.

Private First Class I
Clan Member

Clan Member
Posts 19
Joined Mar 23, 2018
Status Offline
[475th^AR] Lb -...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:17 am Reply with quote
Sandy
My $.02:

1) Hedman, I haven't played with you much. But I don't recall seeing you using the sniper rifle and if you were, I don't recall seeing you be a mobile sniper. If you like to run and cap flags, most likely you're not using a sniper rifle. So I'm not sure why you're bringing this up. If it's out of frustration because you were being sniped so much and the snipers were not counter sniping (which is often the case), I get why you would want this.

2) Merrill has provided us a virtual playground, but it is his world and his rules. He has said that the scoped enfield provides too much of an advantage over the other 2 sniper rifles. I've never questioned his reasoning as he has played this game much longer than I have and has more experience and understanding of the game.

3) As mentioned by KG, there is already too much camping. Before most of you were around, camping wasn't allowed on our servers. But because a few former members complained about not being to camp, the rule was changed and as a result, it cleaned out our servers of the good, competitive players and now we have pubbers. I'm not saying this alone killed the servers. Our mods were frowned on and they preferred the game to be left in it's original state and play it as it was meant to be. Those guys who I competed with would complain about all the campers and mods and slowly they stopped coming around.

4) I like what HK suggested by limiting the number of snipers to 1 on each team. But......if we do that, the gunmenu will have to go away. So we either have guys who can't get the garand (wouldn't that be wonderful) and they can't look like skilled players, or we have guys who hog the sniper rifle who really suck. As admins, it adds another layer to what we need to look for. You'll end up having guys who will sit by the snipers until the sniper gets killed and then pick up the rifle and try to snipe. Alternatively, they will "accidentally" TK the sniper and grab the rifle.

Captain
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Captain
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 194
Joined Mar 02, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Sandy a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Sandy
Sandoval
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
5 days ago

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
HerrKutt
Gunmenu is useful for legit reasons.  Perhaps an alternative is to get rid of the one-shot mod (so less people want the garand\k43!), and reduce the config to allow only a single sniper per team - i'm not sure on the mechanics of that in the config files ie. gunmenu or server config.  I'm sure Merrill will know.

I suck at sniper but i do enjoy having the odd crack at it for half an hour every now and then when there is a weapon free.

This time last year i think i argued to keep the one-shot mod so that less skilled players would still have a chance and enjoy the game.  I certainly remember Merrill turning it off for a week and people complained very loudly on the Caen server.

Ultimately the one-shot conversation only comes about between more proficient players of the game who will be less affected by it's removal.  If we want to keep the server a welcome place for the average joe to come and at least stand a chance against the more skilled players then the decision on the one-shot mod will need to be well thought through in line with the bigger picture.

Anyway - reducing the snipers (and MG?) to one per team would certainly liven things up, keep the rounds moving, and my personal opinion is that i can't think of an obvious reason not to fully support that idea :)

If desired, we could also re-gauge the opinions of our members and players by having another vote(s) on the website\forum like last year - we set it up, get member\MPs to advertise the vote in-game to get ppl to visit\vote, see what the results are.

*Salute*

HK

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 407
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
6 hrs, 27 mins ago

Most Played:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:31 am Reply with quote
Sandy
I'm not sure I agree with the reduced traffic if we remove the one shot mod. Maybe it will. I see a lot of traffic on the ME109 server and they don't have the mod, nor do they seem to have a lot of the mods we have. It has become a more enjoyable server to play on to some degree and I'm slowly getting to know those guys. I also see a lot of players over there that frequent our server as well. They seem to transition pretty well.

Captain
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Captain
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 194
Joined Mar 02, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Sandy a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Sandy
Sandoval
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
5 days ago

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1