Banned Players 5 Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:02 pm
by THE_REAL
player swearing and cursing
Started by fidinhoOo
Banned Players 1 Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:26 am
by Insane

Gtest & leon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Forum Index -> 475th Mess Hall
View previous topic View next topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:33 am Reply with quote
ToniLeon
Cmon guys,this is ridiculous! I made most than 250 kills last night, i grabed most than 35 flags, i won 3 games in a row , and i earned 150 points!!! Gtest made almost 3 k points only this morning and leon 7 in 24 hours!!! Are you kidding me!!! I dont play for the points, but those 2 players are ridiculous!

Sergeant
Donator to the 475th

Groups Sergeant
Donator to the 475th
Posts 88
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:35 am Reply with quote
HerrKutt
It is the blowing of walls (Objective Achieved) and capping of flags (wait for bot to cap, kill bot, cap flag, hide, rinse, repeat).  Both are worth 10 points i believe, where a kill is worth 3 or 4?  Throw in a few accidental TK's (minus 30 points or so each?!) and it can be hard to compete for points.  Also the points awarded for kills are weighted depending on where on the leaderboard the person you kill is - so 3 or 4 points for killing me at #20, but 7 points for killing GTest, Leon, you, Vaya etc.

It has been highlighted before but don't think there was any appetite to change anything.

Best not to play for points but to just enjoy the game!  That's my new philosophy since the stats reset anyway.

My opinion which i've said before is the players in the top 10 of our leaderboard should be there on merit rather than manipulating the scoring system.  They're not doing anything wrong... but... it's a cheap way of getting to the top and staying there.  More GTest than Leon right?

First time I came across GTest i thought i was in for a treat, guy at 3 million points or something on the old stats, way ahead of everyone even Sandy.  Thought i was going to see a master at work...... I didn't :/

Sadly it doesn't affect me as i can't find enough time to put in these days to get past #20! :D

*Salute*

HK

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 422
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send HerrKutt a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by HerrKutt
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 48 mins ago

Most Played:
This week: 13.3hrs.
Total Played: 1,758hrs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:09 pm Reply with quote
ToniLeon
Gtest 5k points only today! I give up...i will try only to enjoy the game and thats it!

Sergeant
Donator to the 475th

Groups Sergeant
Donator to the 475th
Posts 88
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:13 pm Reply with quote
HerrKutt
Yes it's difficult to compete with that by genuinely playing the game properly.

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 422
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
View user's profile Send HerrKutt a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by HerrKutt
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 48 mins ago

Most Played:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote
THE_REAL
yes Toni but people said U have aim and asked for a ban ((((-:

(joking...)

Congrats.

Thanks for telling how n how many points we get for kills n flags Kutt.

*Salute*

First Lieutenant
Clan Member

Groups First Lieutenant
Clan Member
Posts 107
Joined Apr 29, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
[475th^AR] THE ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
2 hrs, 41 mins ago

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
HerrKutt
The points I mentioned above are only deduced from the plugin Merrill had temporarily enabled a few weeks back which showed points scored in-game.

The real numbers don't seem to be exposed on the GameMe site publicly for us to see, but will be a mixture of default settings and customisations that Merrill has configured.  If Merrill was in a generous mood he could list all the values per event.... for those that are interested.

The danger is there will always be somebody looking to manipulate the system!

*Salute*

HK

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 422
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 48 mins ago

Most Played:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Pervitin
Since the stats are reseted, there are less points for kills than before. This means that it is extremely easy for the flags catcher to pull off in the stats.

one flag 10 points. If you play on the empty caen server for 2 hours, i guess you can get 200 flags = 2000 points

Corporal

Groups Corporal
Posts 25
Joined Mar 08, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
Sandy
I have access to the forums but not sure I'm supposed to be here. But while I'm allowed...

Both are no-skilled, non-talented, lame camping fools. Herrkut decribes their play perfectly. I've made my complaints about them and others several times. It was decided by a former member, during a time when Merrill was absent, that camping could/would/should be allowed. Many clan member over the year have disagreed with my stance on players like them along with all the snipers and most of the mods.

At this time, my stance is that you sow what you reap. I've only been back a short time but EVERY time I've played I have heard complaint after complaint about campers and all the snipers. Some have taken jab at the clan because if they complain about the campers you'll get in trouble. If you camp, you'll get in trouble. If you complain about the snipers, you'll get in trouble. I've even heard that it's useless to complain because the clan won't do anything about it anyway. Of course when a member shows up, the complaining stops. I've muted most people anyway because there is too much chatter, whistling, singing and foreign languages (even by some members) and I can't hear the game. An old guy like me and having been gone for awhile, I need all the help I can get.

Sandy

Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Major
Administrator
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 209
Joined Mar 02, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send Sandy a private message Visit user's website Find all posts by Sandy
Sandoval
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
2 days ago

Most Played:
This week: 0.2hrs.
Total Played: 255hrs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 am Reply with quote
PrivatKaze
— Sandy wrote
I have access to the forums but not sure I'm supposed to be here. But while I'm allowed...

Both are no-skilled, non-talented, lame camping fools. Herrkut decribes their play perfectly. I've made my complaints about them and others several times. It was decided by a former member, during a time when Merrill was absent, that camping could/would/should be allowed. Many clan member over the year have disagreed with my stance on players like them along with all the snipers and most of the mods.

At this time, my stance is that you sow what you reap. I've only been back a short time but EVERY time I've played I have heard complaint after complaint about campers and all the snipers. Some have taken jab at the clan because if they complain about the campers you'll get in trouble. If you camp, you'll get in trouble. If you complain about the snipers, you'll get in trouble. I've even heard that it's useless to complain because the clan won't do anything about it anyway. Of course when a member shows up, the complaining stops. I've muted most people anyway because there is too much chatter, whistling, singing and foreign languages (even by some members) and I can't hear the game. An old guy like me and having been gone for awhile, I need all the help I can get.

Sandy

Sandy thats why we want to have a MP meeting since may

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 325
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send PrivatKaze a private message Send PrivatKaze an email. Visit user's Facebook: 100012906213684 Find all posts by PrivatKaze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:41 pm Reply with quote
HerrKutt
Not allowed to be here??

Conscious of the fact this is a public section of the forum.....  I have no issue with newbie \ less good players camping.  I would rather they come to our servers, keep them busy, have fun, and camp a bit - rather than quit and let the game die out.  They're mostly easy to kill for a good player.  BUT - I get that the 'professional' campers are a PITA and cause frustration.

(Having said that - it is also a PITA to hear some of our top players moaning about camping etc.  Kill them, deal with it, or come back later.  Don't moan.).

The idea of an MP meeting has been mentioned for a while, I think KG is going to organise a time we can all get together.  I think if we can go over the rules we are supposed to be enforcing, clear up some grey areas so we are all working to the same guidelines, we can hopefully create a clearer environment for players and MPs to operate in.

*Salute*

HK

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 422
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 48 mins ago

Most Played:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
PiratePete
Easy fix, either eliminate points for capping flags all together or no points for capping flags if there is even one bot on the server.

Now some will argue that folks will not cap flags but not many do as it is, lots of folks love to camp home teams rubble road... it's like stepping through a mine field sometimes.

*Salute*
Pirate Pete aka Boy George aka Scott

First Lieutenant
Donator to the 475th

Groups First Lieutenant
Donator to the 475th
Posts 119
Joined Mar 05, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male
View user's profile Send PiratePete a private message Find all posts by PiratePete
CybotronR9
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
HerrKutt
Maybe no points for caps if there is a bot on the server could work.

I still think incentivising flag caps is a good way to keep the game on track - it is CTF after all.  So how can we limit the opportunity for abuse?

Reduce the points awarded for a flag cap?

Definitely think we should reduce the points awarded for blowing up a wall!

*Salute*

HK

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 422
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 48 mins ago

Most Played:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 am Reply with quote
ToniLeon
BTW! VayaConDios, saw leon yesterday, earning points on rotating server, whitout playing! Is this possible? He has screenshoots.

Sergeant
Donator to the 475th

Groups Sergeant
Donator to the 475th
Posts 88
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 am Reply with quote
ToniLeon
— THE_REAL wrote
yes Toni but people said U have aim and asked for a ban ((((-:

(joking...)

Congrats.

Thanks for telling how n how many points we get for kills n flags Kutt.

*Salute*

Yes David, because i play whit aimbot i have 25% accuracy. :-p  124 k shots and 31 k hits. I did not know i am so bad! :-/

Sergeant
Donator to the 475th

Groups Sergeant
Donator to the 475th
Posts 88
Joined Mar 04, 2018
Status Offline
Gender Male

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:28 am Reply with quote
HerrKutt
— ToniLeon wrote
BTW! VayaConDios, saw leon yesterday, earning points on rotating server, whitout playing! Is this possible? He has screenshoots.

Screenshots of what exactly?

Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th

Groups Commander
Clan Member
Donator to the 475th
Posts 422
Joined Mar 03, 2018
Status Offline
[M|475|M] Herr ...
Currently Offline
Last Seen Online:
3 hrs, 48 mins ago

Most Played:

Post new topic Reply to topic printer-friendly view Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4